Fly /In-Flight Painting
In the In-Flight Painting features art works that has been created by Ken Hamazaki during flights. They express distinctive characters and landmarks that are related to the flight destination as clouds. He used his own ‘maze-technique’ on these works.
Ken Hamazaki has been creating his art works based on three concepts; ‘fly’, ‘sleep’ and ‘sit’. In-Fright-Painting (IFP) features art works that have been created by Ken Hamazaki during flights. He takes 16 canvases and marker pens in his carry-on luggage. He usually spends three hours to create a work during a flight. His works express distinctive characters and landmarks that are related to the flight destination as clouds. He used his own ‘maze-technique’ on these works. He has been to more than 100 cities through the IPF project, including New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Bahrain, Frankfurt, Munich, Barcelona, Madrid, London, Cuba, Israel, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Ken Hamazaki has been transferring power from nature and space into his works and performances. His goal is to express this energy into a microcosm. The clouds depicted in this series are inspired by actual clouds and the atmosphere of the cities that he visited in the project. An airport cord and a flight number are written on the back of each canvas.
His travel experiences around the world have been compressed in these small canvases (only 22cm×27cm). These canvases will take you to unseen places completely different from your daily life. You will appreciate his journey through them.
- 1073 IFP#68 JAL2501 KIX-CTS 16AUG
- 1051 IFP#67 UA885 SFO-KIX 17FEB
- 1050 IFP#66 UA303 JFK-SFO 17FEB
- 1048 IFP#64 UA970 SEA-IAH 12FEB
- 1049 IFP#65 UA542 IAH-EWR 13FEB
- 1046 IFP#62 UA1412 IAD-SFO 11FEB
- 1047 IFP#63 UA6249 SFO-SEA 11FEB
- 1045 IFP#61 UA977 DOH-IAD 10FEB
- 1043 IFP#59 UA8867 IAH-FRA 8FEB
- 1044 IFP#60 LH620 FRA-DOH 9FEB
- 1042 IFP#58 UA961 SEA-IAH 8FEB
- 1040 IFP#56 UA303 JFK-SFO 7FEB
- 1041 IFP#57 UA1440 SFO-SEA 7FEB